Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈɑːrmz'] weapons considered collectively.
- defense system
- implements of war
- defence system
- naval weaponry
- weapon system
Rhymes with Arms
Sentences with arms
1. Noun, plural
For the leg sweep, begin with your feet together and your arms at your side.
2. Verb, 3rd person singular present
Pull the windshield wiper arms up and away from the windshield.
Quotes about arms
1. Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?"Harry interrupted again."So he can sneak up on people,"said Ron. "Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking...
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
2. One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.
- Thomas Jefferson
3. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many.
- J.R.R. Tolkien
noun. an officer (as of a legislature or court) who maintains order and executes commands.
- sergeant at arms
noun. a knight of the lowest order; could display only a pennon.
- knight bachelor
- female aristocrat
noun. the senior petty officer; responsible for discipline aboard ship.
- petty officer
noun. a smuggler of guns.
- moon curser
noun. a heavily armed and mounted soldier in medieval times.
noun. one of 40 gentlemen who attend the British sovereign on state occasions.
noun. ['ˈɑːrmz'] the official symbols of a family, state, etc..
- coat of arms
- natural object
- dumb bomb