adverb. ['əˈprɑːksəmətli'] (of quantities) imprecise but fairly close to correct.
- or so
- just about
- more or less
- close to
Words that Rhyme with Approximately
How do you spell approximately? Is it aproximately ?
A common misspelling of approximately is aproximately
Example sentences of the word approximately
In approximately one minute the gas and air will cause the potato chip can to launch.
Quotes containing the word approximately
1. When you grow up as a girl, it is like there are faint chalk lines traced approximately three inches around your entire body at all times, drawn by society and often religion and family and particularly other women, who somehow feel invested in how you behave, as if your actions reflect directly on all womanhood.
- M.E. Thomas, Confessions of a Sociopath: A Life Spent Hiding in Plain Sight
2. I am approximately 96.694444% in love with you. Of course, that’s just a rough estimate.
- Jarod Kintz, Love quotes for the ages. Specifically ages 18-81.
3. You've read half the books in this house? This whole house?""Well, approximately half."Sticky said. "To be more accurate, I suppose I've read more like"- his eyes went up as he calculated - "three sevenths? Yes, three sevenths.""Only three sevenths?"said Kate, pretending to look disappointed. "And here I was prepared to be impressed.
- Trenton Lee Stewart, The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma