noun. ['ˈeɪp'] any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
Words that Rhyme with Ape
How do you pronounce ape?
Pronounce ape as eɪp.
US - How to pronounce ape in American English
UK - How to pronounce ape in British English
Example sentences of the word ape
1. Noun, singular or mass
When a spring bounces right between the ape's legs, you're good to go.
Quotes containing the word ape
1. I'd rather be a rising ape than a falling angel.
- Terry Pratchett
2. A book is a mirror: if an ape looks into it an apostle is hardly likely to look out.
- Georg Christoph Lichtenberg, Sudelbücher.
3. Civilization is only possible for deeply unpleasant animals. It is only an ape that can be truly civilized.
- Mark Rowlands, The Philosopher and the Wolf: Lessons from the Wild on Love, Death, and Happiness
noun. a person assumed to have been raised by apes.
- wild man
noun. hypothetical organism formerly thought to be intermediate between apes and human beings.
- missing link
noun. ['ˈeɪp'] person who resembles a nonhuman primate.
verb. ['ˈeɪp'] imitate uncritically and in every aspect.
verb. ['ˈeɪp'] represent in or produce a caricature of.
- bad guy
noun. ['ˈeɪp'] someone who copies the words or behavior of another.
- nonreligious person