Table of Contents
adjective. ['ˈɛni'] one or some or every or all without specification.
- eny (Middle English (1100-1500))
- ænig (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
Rhymes with Any
How do you pronounce any?
Pronounce any as ˈɛni.
US - How to pronounce any in American English
UK - How to pronounce any in British English
Sentences with any
Although I love just about any cobbler thrown my way, my favorite happens to be a peach cobbler.
Quotes about any
1. Any life is made up of a single moment, the moment in which a man finds out, once and for all, who he is.
- Jorge Luis Borges
2. Any attempts at humor immediately after September 11th were deemed tasteless.
- Allen Klein
3. Any fact facing us is not as important as our attitude toward it, for that determines our success or failure. The way you think about a fact may defeat you before you ever do anything about it. You are overcome by the fact because you think you are.
- Norman Vincent Peale
noun. a takeover bid where the acquirer offers to buy any and all shares outstanding.