Table of Contents
adjective. ['əˈnaʊnst'] declared publicly; made widely known.
Rhymes with Announced
How do you pronounce announced?
Pronounce announced as əˈnaʊnst.
US - How to pronounce announced in American English
UK - How to pronounce announced in British English
Sentences with announced
1. Verb, past participle
Others auditions around the country are announced throughout the year.
2. Verb, past tense
Disney World announced last week that it will not require masks for guests outdoors.
Quotes about announced
1. I feel ill,"[Howl] announced. "I'm going to bed, where I may die.
- Diana Wynne Jones, Howl's Moving Castle
2. By the time Bones announced it was Tammy's turn, I'd fallen in love with him all over again. Flowers and jewelry worked for most girls as a romantic gesture, but here I was, misty-eyed at watching him show my mother how to stab the shit out of him.
- Jeaniene Frost, Death's Excellent Vacation
3. I've managed to bring the backlog down to a mere sixty-eight years,"she announced with some small sense of achievement. "I hope to be able to start marking the papers of pupils who are still alive by the end of the decade.
- Jasper Fforde, Shades of Grey