noun. ['əˈmjuːzmənt'] a feeling of delight at being entertained.
Words that Rhyme with Amusement
How do you pronounce amusement?
Pronounce amusement as əmˈjuzmənt.
US - How to pronounce amusement in American English
UK - How to pronounce amusement in British English
Example sentences of the word amusement
1. Noun, singular or mass
Visitors will love the family-friendly atmosphere, which includes a 36,000-square-foot indoor water and amusement park and pizzeria.
2. Verb, past participle
Located south of downtown Seoul, this park has amusement rides, playgrounds and a zoo.
Quotes containing the word amusement
1. I love going to the movie theatre, seeing live comedy, and going to amusement parks.
- Jennette McCurdy
2. I think hiccup cures were really invented for the amusement of the patient's friends.
- Bill Watterson, The Complete Calvin and Hobbes
3. Gods prefer simple, vicious games, where you Do Not Achieve Transcendence but Go Straight To Oblivion; a key to the understanding of all religion is that a god's idea of amusement is Snakes and Ladders with greased rungs.
- Terry Pratchett, Wyrd Sisters
noun. ['əˈmjuːzmənt'] an activity that is diverting and that holds the attention.
- night life