Table of Contents
adjective. ['ˈɔltɝd'] changed in form or character without becoming something else.
Rhymes with Altered
How do you spell altered? Is it alterated ?
A common misspelling of altered is alterated
Sentences with altered
1. Verb, past participle
Activities can be altered depending on the age group, as well as any specific needs of your class.
An altered air-to-fuel mixture will also produce increased emissions through excessive or insufficient combustion within the BMW's engine.
3. Verb, past tense
It turned out that the color of the cheese significantly altered how much the participants liked the products.
Quotes about altered
1. The bond forged between us was not one that could be broken by absence, distance, or time. And no matter how much more special or beautiful or brilliant or perfect than me he might be, he was as irreversibly altered as I was. As I would always belong to him, so would he always be mine.
- Stephenie Meyer, New Moon
2. at your weakest, you end up showing more strength; at your lowest, you are suddenly lifted higher than you’ve ever been. They all border one another, these opposites and show how quickly we can be altered.
- Cecelia Ahern, Thanks for the Memories
3. I believe that at the end of the century the use of words and general educated opinion will have altered so much that one will be able to speak of machines thinking without expecting to be contradicted.
- Alan Turing, Computing machinery and intelligence
adjective. ['ˈɔltɝd'] changed in order to improve or made more fit for a particular purpose.
adjective. ['ˈɔltɝd'] having testicles or ovaries removed.