adverb. ['ˈæftɝwɝd'] happening at a time subsequent to a reference time.
- -ward (English)
- -weard (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- after (English)
- after (Middle English (1100-1500))
Rhymes with Afterward
Sentences with afterward
It may take a few minutes, but your skin should be ready for use in-game not long afterward.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Make sure you completely dry the machine afterward.
Quotes about afterward
1. My store, Wine Library, outsells big national chains. How do you think we do it? It started with hustle. I always say that our success wasn't due to my hundreds of online videos about wine that went viral, but to the hours I spent talking to people online afterward, making connections and building relationships.
- Gary Vaynerchuk
2. The mark of a true crush... is that you fall in love first and grope for reasons afterward.
- Shana Alexander
3. When that shutter clicks, anything else that can be done afterward is not worth consideration.
- Edward Steichen