Table of Contents
adjective. ['ædˈvaɪzd, ədˈvaɪzd'] having received information.
Rhymes with Advised
Sentences with advised
1. Verb, past participle
Breastfeeding women are sometimes advised to use Bag Balm on their nipples if they suffer from cracking or chapping.
Quotes about advised
1. You might want to lie down,"Magnus advised. "I find that it helps when the crushing sense of horrible realization sets in.
- Cassandra Clare, City of Ashes
2. Let go,"he advised me, and I loosened my grip on his hands. "No, not of me,"he said, smiling. "You can hold on to me as long as you want. Let go of the pain, Sookie. Let go. You need to drift away."It was the first time I had relinquished my will to someone else. As I looked at him, it became easy, and I retreated from the suffering and uncertainty of this strange place.
- Charlaine Harris, Club Dead
3. Ah, child and youth, if you knew the bliss which resides in the taste of knowledge, and the evil and ugliness that lies in ignorance, how well you are advised to not complain of the pain and labor of learning.
- Christine de Pizan, The Treasure of the City of Ladies
adjective. without careful prior deliberation or counsel.
adjective. having the benefit of careful prior consideration or counsel.
adjective. ['ædˈvaɪzd, ədˈvaɪzd'] having the benefit of careful prior consideration or counsel.