adverb. ['əˈkrɔs'] transversely.
- acros (Middle English (1100-1500))
Words that Rhyme with Across
How do you spell across? Is it accross ?
A common misspelling of across is accross
Example sentences of the word across
1. Preposition or subordinating conjunction
Practice your turn while holding a club across your shoulders behind your neck.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Driving an 18-wheeler across steep mountains grades and winding passes can be scary to even a seasoned truck driver.
Quotes containing the word across
1. I believe that being successful means having a balance of success stories across the many areas of your life. You can't truly be considered successful in your business life if your home life is in shambles.
- Zig Ziglar
2. We have a certain warped sense of humor in Scandinavia, and that is what comes across in the choices in a lot of our movies.
- Connie Nielsen
3. Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good, and kind, and brave, because he strayed across the path of Lord Voldemort. Remember Cedric Diggory.
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
adjective. broad in scope or content.