adjective. ['əˈkwaɪɝd'] gotten through environmental forces.
Rhymes with Acquired
Sentences with acquired
1. Verb, past tense
This is how dry ice acquired its name.
2. Verb, past participle
Using a phone you already own or acquired at a reduced price on the Cricket network saves on costs.
Quotes about acquired
1. Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved.
- Erich Fromm
2. Ah, my daughter,ʺ he said. ʺEighteen, and already youʹve been accused of murder, aided felons, and acquired a death count higher than most guardians will ever see.ʺ He paused. ʺI couldnʹt be prouder.
- Richelle Mead, Last Sacrifice
3. Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.
- Mark Twain, The Innocents Abroad/Roughing It