Table of Contents
noun. ['ækˈsɛlɝˌeɪtɝ'] a pedal that controls the throttle valve.
- foot lever
- gas pedal
- foot pedal
- accelerator pedal
- angiotensin II inhibitor
Rhymes with Accelerator
How do you pronounce accelerator?
Pronounce accelerator as ækˈsɛlərˌeɪtər.
US - How to pronounce accelerator in American English
UK - How to pronounce accelerator in British English
Sentences with accelerator
1. Noun, singular or mass
Administer an accelerator spray on the cloth to help the glue absorb and dry faster into the cloth.
Quotes about accelerator
1. For Nirvana, putting out their first major-label record was like getting into a new car. But the runaway success was like suddenly discovering that the car was a Ferrari and the accelerator pedal was Krazy Glued to the floorboard.
- Michael Azerrad
2. To fast track your business and become the Roger Bannister of personal branding, be a connector, accumulator, accelerator and facilitator of relationships.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
noun. ['ækˈsɛlɝˌeɪtɝ'] a valve that regulates the supply of fuel to the engine.
- fuel system
- throttle valve
- leaded gasoline
- unleaded gasoline
noun. ['ækˈsɛlɝˌeɪtɝ'] a scientific instrument that increases the kinetic energy of charged particles.
- Cockcroft-Walton accelerator
- linear accelerator
- Cockcroft-Walton voltage multiplier
- atom smasher
- Cockcroft and Walton accelerator
- induction accelerator
- charge-exchange accelerator
- scientific instrument
- storage ring
- particle accelerator
- Cockcroft and Walton voltage multiplier
noun. ['ækˈsɛlɝˌeɪtɝ'] (chemistry) a substance that initiates or accelerates a chemical reaction without itself being affected.
- platinum black