noun. ['æbˈdɑːmənəl, əbˈdɑːmənəl'] the muscles of the abdomen.
- striated muscle
- transverse muscle of abdomen
- skeletal muscle
- abdominal external oblique muscle
- transversus abdominis muscle
- external oblique muscle
- musculus obliquus externus abdominis
- abdominal muscle
- musculus transversalis abdominis
Words that Rhyme with Abdominal Aorta
Example sentences of the word abdominal-aorta
1. Noun Phrase
This is your abdominal aorta pulsating.
2. Noun Phrase
A heavy pulsating of the abdominal aorta could be a sign of an abdominal aortic aneurysm 34.
3. Noun Phrase
An asymptomatic bulging in your abdominal aorta can eventually rupture — which as you might imagine can be fatal.
4. Noun Phrase
The abdominal aorta** is responsible for supplying blood to the lower half of the body.
noun. ['eɪˈɔrtə'] the large trunk artery that carries blood from the left ventricle of the heart to branch arteries.
- descending aorta
- abdominal aorta
- aortic arch
- ascending aorta
- thoracic aorta
- arterial blood vessel
- ἀορτή (Ancient Greek (to 1453))
- ἀορτέω (Ancient Greek (to 1453))