Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈjɛs'] an affirmative.
- yes (Middle English (1100-1500))
Rhymes with Yes
How do you pronounce yes?
Pronounce yes as jɛs.
US - How to pronounce yes in American English
UK - How to pronounce yes in British English
Sentences with yes
Ah, yes, the "run from Mommy and Daddy" game.
2. Noun, plural
Quotes about yes
1. Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind. "Pooh!"he whispered."Yes, Piglet?""Nothing,"said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw. "I just wanted to be sure of you.
- A.A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
2. Do you remember me telling you we are practicing non-verbal spells, Potter?""Yes,"said Harry stiffly."Yes, sir.""There's no need to call me "sir"Professor."The words had escaped him before he knew what he was saying.
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
3. Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.
- Oscar Wilde, The Critic as Artist
noun. a person of unquestioning obedience.
noun. a question that can be answered by yes or no.