adjective. ['ˈwɝːθˈwaɪl'] sufficiently valuable to justify the investment of time or interest.
- while (English)
- hwil (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- worth (English)
- weorþan (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
Words that Rhyme with Worthwhile
Example sentences of the word worthwhile
Distinguishing yourself as a worthwhile applicant can interest a school long before you begin your formal search.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Purchasing the lease may not prove worthwhile if you owe significantly more than the vehicle’s current value.
Quotes containing the word worthwhile
1. Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.
- Albert Einstein
2. Success is the progressive realization of predetermined, worthwhile, personal goals.
- Paul J. Meyer
3. The secret is not to give up hope. It's very hard not to because if you're really doing something worthwhile I think you will be pushed to the brink of hopelessness before you come through the other side.
- George Lucas