adverb. ['wɪˈðɪn, wɪˈθɪn'] on the inside.
- wiþinnan (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
Words that Rhyme with Within
How do you pronounce within?
Pronounce within as wɪˈθɪn.
US - How to pronounce within in American English
UK - How to pronounce within in British English
How do you spell within? Is it withing ?
A common misspelling of within is withing
Example sentences of the word within
1. Preposition or subordinating conjunction
An aquatic ecosystem is the way in which living organisms interact within a body of water.
Quotes containing the word within
1. Very much, string theory is simply a work in progress. What we are inching toward every day are predictions that within the realm of current technology we hope to test. It's not like we're working on a theory that is permanently beyond experiment. That would be philosophy.
- Brian Greene
2. God intended Earth. God intended the waters. God intended you and me. We were created in the image and the likeness of God; we are holograms, if you will. So the power, the presence, the energy is within you and me. The energy of God, as life, is within each of us.
- Mary Manin Morrissey
3. The hardest thing to find in life is balance - especially the more success you have, the more you look to the other side of the gate. What do I need to stay grounded, in touch, in love, connected, emotionally balanced? Look within yourself.
- Celine Dion