noun. ['ˈwɪtʃˌkræft'] the art of sorcery.
- black magic
- black art
- wiccecræft (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- -cræft (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
Words that Rhyme with Witchcraft
Example sentences of the word witchcraft
1. Noun, singular or mass
and as protection from witchcraft.
Quotes containing the word witchcraft
1. Most books on witchcraft will tell you that witches work naked. This is because most books on witchcraft were written by men.
- Neil Gaiman
2. With color one obtains an energy that seems to stem from witchcraft.
- Henri Matisse
3. Witchcraft to the ignorant, .... Simple science to the learned.
- Leigh Brackett