noun. ['ˈwɪʃɪŋ'] a specific feeling of desire.
Words that Rhyme with Wishing
Example sentences of the word wishing
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
End your letter by wishing the company much future success.
Quotes containing the word wishing
1. If there's a single lesson that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so.
- Lev Grossman, The Magicians
2. True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future, not to amuse ourselves with either hopes or fears but to rest satisfied with what we have, which is sufficient, for he that is so wants nothing. The greatest blessings of mankind are within us and within our reach. A wise man is content with his lot, whatever it may be, without wishing for what he has not.
3. It seems to me we can never give up longing and wishing while we are thoroughly alive. There are certain things we feel to be beautiful and good, and we must hunger after them.
- George Eliot
adjective. extending good wishes for success.
noun. an expression of good will from one person to another.