Table of Contents
noun. ['vˈjuːɪŋ'] a vigil held over a corpse the night before burial.
Rhymes with Viewing
Sentences with viewing
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Deer drink from the river at dusk, the best best time of day for viewing wildlife.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Curbside parade viewing is free, but grandstand seating is available for a fee.
Quotes about viewing
1. Take off your shirt."Jace raised his eyebrows. "I'm not going to attack you,"she said impatiently. "I can take the sight of your naked chest without swooning.""Are you sure?"he asked, obediently sliding the shirt off his shoulders. "Because viewing my naked chest has caused many women to seriously injure themselves stampeding to get to me.
- Cassandra Clare, City of Lost Souls
2. Inside each of us resides the truth, I began, the absolute truth. But sometimes the truth is hidden in a hall of mirrors. Sometimes we believe we are viewing the real thing, when in fact we are viewing a facsimile, a distortion.
- Garth Stein, The Art of Racing in the Rain
3. In the Kamigata area, they have a sort of tiered lunchbox they use for a single day when flower viewing. Upon returning, they throw them away, trampling them underfoot. The end is important in all things.
- Tsunetomo Yamamoto, Hagakure: The Book of the Samurai