adjective. ['vɪkˈtɔriːəs'] experiencing triumph.
Words that Rhyme with Victorious
Example sentences of the word victorious
When Popocatépetl returned from war victorious, he expected to marry Iztaccíhuatl as a reward for his heroism.
2. Verb, non-3rd person singular present
Even sides victorious in battle often had tremendous casualties.
Quotes containing the word victorious
1. I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."
- Vince Lombardi Jr.
2. If we are not allowed to deal with small problems, we will be destroyed by slightly larger ones. When we come to understand this, we live our lives not avoiding problems, but welcoming them them as challenges that will strengthen us so that we can be victorious in the future.
- Jim Stovall, The Ultimate Gift
3. Know yourself better than your opponent knows you, know your opponent better than he knows himself, know yourself better than you know your opponent, and know you have all this knowledge and you will be victorious. That’s the advice I’ll give my clone before I defeat him in battle.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
adjective. never having lost.
adjective. ['vɪkˈtɔriːəs'] having won.