Table of Contents
Rhymes with Veiled
Sentences with veiled
1. Verb, past tense
Female veiled chameleons only live an average of 5 years.
Add more layers of diluted glaze to give the pottery a veiled, watercolor-like appearance.
3. Verb, past participle
The name calling and the insults can range from the obvious to the veiled.
Quotes about veiled
1. Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing admiration and awe, the more often and steadily we reflect upon them: the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. I do not seek or conjecture either of them as if they were veiled obscurities or extravagances beyond the horizon of my vision; I see them before me and connect them immediately with the consciousness of my existence.
- Immanuel Kant, Critique of Practical Reason
2. The reassuring smile was now useless. I was plastic. Everything was veiled. Objectivity, facts, hard information--these were things only in the outline stage. There was nothing tying anything together yet, so the mind built up a defense, and the evidence was restructured, and that was what I tried to do on that morning--to restructure the evidence so it made sense--and that is what I failed at.
- Bret Easton Ellis, Lunar Park
3. If you write in the Old World, and against it, your work must die, go missing, be veiled, before it can live the life for which it was destined in the New World.
- Patrick Nowell-Smith