adjective. ['ˈvɛriːɪŋ'] marked by diversity or difference.
Words that Rhyme with Varying
Example sentences of the word varying
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Firebricks come in varying dimensions and fit together like a puzzle inside the hearth.
Quotes containing the word varying
1. Basically, all women are nurturers and healers, and all men are mental patients to varying degrees.
- Nelson DeMille, The General's Daughter
2. This was how it was with travel: one city gives you gifts, another robs you. One gives you the heart’s affections, the other destroys your soul. Cities and countries are as alive, as feeling, as fickle and uncertain as people. Their degrees of love and devotion are as varying as with any human relation. Just as one is good, another is bad.
- Roman Payne, Cities & Countries
3. Death, I had discovered long ago, was available in varying flavors, and none of them particularly palatable.
- Jasper Fforde, First Among Sequels