Table of Contents
adverb. ['ˈveɪgli'] in a vague way.
- -ly (English)
- -lice (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- vague (English)
- vague (Middle French (ca. 1400-1600))
Rhymes with Vaguely
Sentences with vaguely
List the cause of death, either specifically or vaguely, if you wish.
Quotes about vaguely
1. Headline?"he asked."'Swing Set Needs Home,'"I said."'Desperately Lonely Swing Set Needs Loving Home,'"he said."'Lonely, Vaguely Pedophilic Swing Set Seeks the Butts of Children,'"I said.
- John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
2. Seventeen, eh!"said Hagrid as he accepted a bucket-sized glass of wine from Fred."Six years to the day we met, Harry, d’yeh remember Vaguely,"said" aria-label="Link to it?""Vaguely,"said"> it?""Vaguely,"said Harry, grinning up at him. "Didn’t you smash down the front door, give Dudley a pig’s tail, and tell me I was a wizard?""I forge’ the details,"Hagrid chortled.
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
3. My father was overbearing. Very controlling. He was always the way he is, even before my success. He was not always a good person. He'd play mind games to make sure I knew my place. I don't see him, which is unfortunate. But I don't have any desire to see him. I vaguely know where he is, and I don't want to know.
- Macaulay Culkin