adverb. ['ənˈhæpəli'] in an unfortunate way.
- -ly (English)
- -lice (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- unhappy (English)
Words that Rhyme with Unhappily
Example sentences of the word unhappily
It doesn't make sense to spend it unhappily all the time.
Quotes containing the word unhappily
1. Leo couldn't help smiling. "That could be fun.""Fun"she said unhappily."Blue elephants.""Blue elephants.""Kiss me you fool.""You fool.
- Rick Riordan, The Mark of Athena
2. Dying is only one thing to be sad over. Living unhappily is something else.
- Mitch Albom, Tuesdays with Morrie