adverb. ['ənˈdaʊtɪdli'] without doubt; certainly.
- -ly (English)
- -lice (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- undoubted (English)
Words that Rhyme with Undoubtedly
How do you spell undoubtedly? Is it undoubtably ?
A common misspelling of undoubtedly is undoubtably
Example sentences of the word undoubtedly
Your plane ticket will undoubtedly be the most expensive part of your trip.
Quotes containing the word undoubtedly
1. The most telling and profound way of describing the evolution of the universe would undoubtedly be to trace the evolution of love.
- Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
2. When I start a new seminar I tell my students that I will undoubtedly contradict myself, and that I will mean both things. But an acceptance of contradiction is no excuse for fuzzy thinking. We do have to use our minds as far as they will take us, yet acknowledge that they cannot take us all the way.
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet