Table of Contents
adjective. ['ˌəndɪˈstɝːbd'] untroubled by interference or disturbance.
Rhymes with Undisturbed
Sentences with undisturbed
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave it undisturbed for at least two hours.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Allow meat to dry in the oven undisturbed for three hours.
3. Verb, past tense
Leave the blooms undisturbed for three weeks to allow them to air dry.
Quotes about undisturbed
1. Undisturbed calmness of mind is attained by cultivating friendliness toward the happy, compassion for the unhappy, delight in the virtuous, and indifference toward the wicked.
- Patañjali, The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
2. A poet or philosopher should have no fault to find with his age if it only permits him to do his work undisturbed in his own corner; nor with his fate if the corner granted him allows of his following his vocation without having to think about other people.
- Arthur Schopenhauer, The Art of Literature
3. There are certain half-dreaming moods of mind in which we naturally steal away from noise and glare, and seek some quiet haunt where we may indulge our reveries and build our air castles undisturbed.
- Washington Irving, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow and Other Stories