Table of Contents
adjective. ['ˈʌndɝˌwɔtɝ'] beneath the surface of the water.
Rhymes with Underwater
How do you pronounce underwater?
Pronounce underwater as ˈəndərˌwɔtər.
US - How to pronounce underwater in American English
UK - How to pronounce underwater in British English
Sentences with underwater
Beaver ears contain valves that shut when they go underwater, and they have good hearing.
Quotes about underwater
1. Afterward, I had the last laugh. I made an air bubble at the bottom of the lake. Our friends kept waiting for us to come up, but hey-when you are the son of Poseidon, you don't have to hurry. And it was pretty much the best underwater kiss of all time.
- Rick Riordan
2. Frank stared at him. "Unfair? You can breathe underwater and blow up glaciers and summon freaking hurricanes-and it's unfair that I can be an elephant?"Percy considered. "Okay. I guess you got a point. But the next time I say you're totally beast-""Just shut up,"Frank said. "Please."Percy cracked a smile.
- Rick Riordan, The Son of Neptune
3. Writing is like going underwater - thank you for being there when I come back up.
- Ali Shaw, The Girl With Glass Feet
adjective. ['ˈʌndɝˌwɔtɝ'] growing or remaining under water.