adjective. ['ˈʌndɝˌwɔtɝ'] beneath the surface of the water.
Words that Rhyme with Underwater
Example sentences of the word underwater
Beaver ears contain valves that shut when they go underwater, and they have good hearing.
Quotes containing the word underwater
1. Afterward, I had the last laugh. I made an air bubble at the bottom of the lake. Our friends kept waiting for us to come up, but hey-when you are the son of Poseidon, you don't have to hurry. And it was pretty much the best underwater kiss of all time.
- Rick Riordan
2. Frank stared at him. "Unfair? You can breathe underwater and blow up glaciers and summon freaking hurricanes-and it's unfair that I can be an elephant?"Percy considered. "Okay. I guess you got a point. But the next time I say you're totally beast-""Just shut up,"Frank said. "Please."Percy cracked a smile.
- Rick Riordan, The Son of Neptune
3. Writing is like going underwater - thank you for being there when I come back up.
- Ali Shaw, The Girl With Glass Feet
adjective. ['ˈʌndɝˌwɔtɝ'] growing or remaining under water.