adjective. ['ˌənəˈteɪnəbəl'] impossible to achieve.
- -able (English)
- attain (English)
- ataindre (Anglo-Norman)
- un- (English)
- on- (Middle English (1100-1500))
Words that Rhyme with Unattainable
Example sentences of the word unattainable
It’s more motivating to reach small goals than to be consistently trying to reach an unattainable one.
Quotes containing the word unattainable
1. He smiles at me, and I am suddenly seventeen again - the year I realize that love doesn't follow the rules, the year I understood that nothing is worth having so much as something unattainable
- Jodi Picoult, My Sister's Keeper
2. It's easy to like someone from a distance. But when she stopped being this amazing unattainable thing or whatever, and started being, like, just a regular girl with a weird relationship with food and frequent crankiness wh's kind of bossy--then I had to basically start liking a whole different person.
- John Green
3. Sooner or later in life everyone discovers that perfect happiness is unrealizable, but there are few who stop to consider the antithesis; that perfect unhappiness is equally unattainable.
- Primo Levi