noun. the third sign of the zodiac; the sun is in this sign from about May 21 to June 20.
- Gemini the Twins
Words that Rhyme with Twins
Example sentences of the word twins
1. Noun, plural
Semi-twinning occurs when twins take the same genes from the mother but different genes from the father.
2. Verb, 3rd person singular present
While born at the same time, twins inherit different traits and may not even look similar.
Quotes containing the word twins
1. My soul is impatient with itself, as with a bothersome child; its restlessness keeps growing and is forever the same. Everything interests me, but nothing holds me. I attend to everything, dreaming all the while. […]. I'm two, and both keep their distance — Siamese twins that aren't attached.
- Fernando Pessoa, The Book of Disquiet
2. Everybody finished the song at different times. At last, only the Weasley twins were left singing along to a very slow funeral march.
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
3. 33 old people went into a nursing home, and only 34 people came out alive. One old woman died while giving birth to twins.
- Jarod Kintz, The Titanic would never have sunk if it were made out of a sink.
noun. ['ˈtwɪnz'] (mineralogy) two interwoven crystals that are mirror images on each other.