noun. ['ˈtʌmbəlɪŋ'] the gymnastic moves of an acrobat.
- gymnastic exercise
- acrobatic feat
Rhymes with Tumbling
Sentences with tumbling
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Trampolines are used for jumping and tumbling at home, the playground or the gym.
Quotes about tumbling
1. Do you know how there are moments when the world moves so slowly you can feel your bones shifting, your mind tumbling? When you think that no matter what happens to you for the rest of your life, you will remember every last detail of that one minute forever?
- Jodi Picoult, Nineteen Minutes
2. You squeeze the eyedropper, and a drop of pond water drips out onto the microscope stage. You look at the projected image. The drop is full of life - strange beings swimming, crawling, tumbling; high dramas of pursuit and escape, triumph and tragedy. This is a world populated by beings far more exotic than in any science fiction movie...
- Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
3. It sounded like walls tumbling, liberty bells chiming, government buildings being stormed.It sounded like a revolution.It sounded like hope.
- Alex Scarrow, The Eternal War