adjective. ['ˈtrʌbəlɪŋ, ˈtrʌblɪŋ'] causing distress or worry or anxiety.
Rhymes with Troubling
Sentences with troubling
If your diet or thoughts about food and mealtimes become troubling, see an eating-disorder specialist.
2. Verb, gerund or present participle
Any number of troubling obstacles can hurdle us from feeling grateful.
Quotes about troubling
1. What I dream of is an art of balance, of purity and serenity devoid of troubling or depressing subject matter - a soothing, calming influence on the mind, rather like a good armchair which provides relaxation from physical fatigue.
- Henri Matisse
2. What to do if you find yourself stuck in a crack in the ground underneath a giant boulder you can't move, with no hope of rescue. Consider how lucky you are that life has been good to you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn't been good to you so far, which given your current circumstances seems more likely, consider how lucky you are that it won't be troubling you much longer.
- Douglas Adams, The Original Hitchhiker Radio Scripts
3. Whatever happens in your life, no matter how troubling things might seem, do not enter the neighbourhood of despair.Even when all doors remain closed, God wil open up a new path only for you. Be thankful! It is easy to be thankful when all is well. A Sufi is thankful not only for what he has been given but also for all that has been denied.
- Elif Shafak