noun. ['ˈtræpɪŋ'] stable gear consisting of a decorated covering for a horse, especially (formerly) for a warhorse.
- stable gear
- trap (Middle English (1100-1500))
Rhymes with Trapping
Sentences with trapping
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Pour fine sand on top of the paraffin and let it cool, trapping the sand in the wax.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Thicker magma tends to create more explosive eruptions due to the trapping of gases beneath the surface.
Quotes about trapping
1. Okay, God, I thought. Get me out of this and I’ll stop my half-assed church-going ways. You got me past a pack of Strigoi tonight. I mean, trapping that one between the doors really shouldn't have worked, so clearly you're on board. Let me get out of here, and I’ll...I don’t know. Donate Adrian’s money to the poor. Get baptized. Join a convent. Well, no. Not that last one.
- Richelle Mead, Blood Promise
2. A white wedding dress, once worn, is like the ghost of a moment, trapping feelings of forever into fabric that’s never to be tried on again.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
3. Small Degrees Lobster don't fathom they're being cooked,like relationships being snuffed out in small degreesbut in reverse, as love begins to freeze over, trapping you in a impenetrable ceiling of ice until you drown.
- Beryl Dov