adjective. ['ˈtrædʒɪk'] very sad; especially involving grief or death or destruction.
- τραγικός (Ancient Greek (to 1453))
- τράγος (Ancient Greek (to 1453))
Words that Rhyme with Tragic
Example sentences of the word tragic
They would mock the plight of the characters in the play, making fun of their tragic situations.
Quotes containing the word tragic
1. A tragic irony of life is that we so often achieve success or financial independence after the chief reason for which we sought it has passed away.
- Ellen Glasgow
2. Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.
- Stephen Hawking
3. My experience of life is that it is not divided up into genres; it’s a horrifying, romantic, tragic, comical, science-fiction cowboy detective novel. You know, with a bit of pornography if you're lucky.
- Alan Moore