Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈðaʊ'] the cardinal number that is the product of 10 and 100.
- one thousand
- large integer
- fresh water
- thou (Middle English (1100-1500))
- þu (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- thu (Proto-Germanic)
Rhymes with Thou
How do you pronounce thou?
Pronounce thou as ðaʊ.
US - How to pronounce thou in American English
UK - How to pronounce thou in British English
Sentences with thou
1. Noun, singular or mass
Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Quotes about thou
1. Where thou art, that is home.
- Emily Dickinson
2. O, thou art fairer than the evening air clad in the beauty of a thousand stars.
- Christopher Marlowe
3. Speak the truth, do not yield to anger; give, if thou art asked for little; by these three steps thou wilt go near the gods.
adjective. excessively or hypocritically pious.