noun. a branch of the Tai languages.
Rhymes with Tho
Sentences with tho
Cut the cord in half or where you want tho install the switch.
Quotes about tho
1. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
- David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas
2. But thy strong Hours indignant work’d their wills,And beat me down and marr’d and wasted me,And tho’ they could not end me, left me maim’dTo dwell in presence of immortal youth,Immortal age beside immortal youth,And all I was, in ashes. - Tithonus
- Alfred Lord Tennyson
3. How dull it is to pause, to make an end,To rust unburnish’d, not to shine in use!As tho’ to breathe were life!
- Alfred Lord Tennyson, Ulysses