Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈθɛft'] the act of taking something from someone unlawfully.
- þyft (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
Rhymes with Theft
How do you pronounce theft?
Pronounce theft as θɛft.
US - How to pronounce theft in American English
UK - How to pronounce theft in British English
Sentences with theft
1. Noun, singular or mass
Property theft and vandalism result in high costs in the public and private sector.
Quotes about theft
1. There is only one sin. and that is theft... when you tell a lie, you steal someones right to the truth.
- Khaled Hosseini, The Kite Runner
2. If you want to steal my heart, you must realize it's not a one-time heist. This theft will take every minute of the rest of your life.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
3. Writing is not lying, nor is it theft. It is a journey and search for transparency between one’s words and one’s soul.
- Richard Flanagan