verb. ['ˈθæŋk'] express gratitude or show appreciation to.
- þanc (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- þancian (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
Rhymes with Thank
How do you pronounce thank?
Pronounce thank as θæŋk.
US - How to pronounce thank in American English
UK - How to pronounce thank in British English
Sentences with thank
1. Noun, singular or mass
Rick: Er, Hulu Plus works just fine on my TiVo, thank you.
2. Verb, base form
So your wallet and your kitchen remodel will thank you.
3. Verb, past tense
To end on a positive note, thank the recipient for reading your letter.
Quotes about thank
1. Music is love, love is music, music is life, and I love my life. Thank you and good night.
- A. J. McLean
2. Make it a habit to tell people thank you. To express your appreciation, sincerely and without the expectation of anything in return. Truly appreciate those around you, and you'll soon find many others around you. Truly appreciate life, and you'll find that you have more of it.
- Ralph Marston
3. Thank you for reminding Canada that I'm a disappointment to them. I like hockey, I love it, but I'm not an avid hockey - let's face it, true Canadian - fan. I've always been more into snowboarding and skateboarding and sort of the alternative sports, I'm not crazy about hockey - but love it!
- Dustin Milligan