adjective. ['ˈtæpt'] in a condition for letting out liquid drawn out as by piercing or drawing a plug.
Words that Rhyme with Tapped
Example sentences of the word tapped
1. Verb, past tense
Glass containers filled at different levels and then tapped with a metal spoon can make a water musical instrument.
2. Verb, past participle
Additionally, the rainmaker can be shaken or tapped to the beat to create a more percussive sound.
You can use a hex bolt with a nut or with a tapped hole.
Quotes containing the word tapped
1. To each there comes in their lifetime a special moment when they are figuratively tapped on the shoulder and offered the chance to do a very special thing, unique to them and fitted to their talents. What a tragedy if that moment finds them unprepared or unqualified for that which could have been their finest hour.
- Winston S. Churchill
2. A telkhine was hunched over a console, but he was so involved with his work, he didn't notice us. He was about five feet tall, with slick black seal fur and stubby little feet. He had the head of a Doberman, but his clawed hands were almost human. He growled and muttered as he tapped on his keyboard. Maybe he was messaging his friends on uglyface.com.
- Rick Riordan, The Last Olympian
3. I bet,"said Mulch, "that you would set the world on fire just to watch it burn."Opal tapped the suggestion into a small electronic notepad on her pocket computer.Thanks for that. Now, tell me everything.
- Eoin Colfer, The Time Paradox