adjective. ['ˈteɪntɪd'] touched by rot or decay.
Words that Rhyme with Tainted
Example sentences of the word tainted
1. Verb, past participle
What matters more is whether or not the applicant’s credit history is tainted by the spouse.
If you find these two files, you have found the tainted file.
3. Verb, past tense
Stainless steel cookware stays true to its name when its surface becomes tainted.
Quotes containing the word tainted
1. I believe in true love. But my opinion is tainted, because I also believe in Bigfoot, aliens, and in the existence of honest politicians.
- Jarod Kintz, Love quotes for the ages. Specifically ages 18-81.
2. It takes great courage to see the world in all its tainted glory, and still to love it. And even more courage to see it in the one you love
- Oscar Wilde, An Ideal Husband
3. One word more. You look as if you thought it tainted you to beloved by me. You cannot avoid it. Nay, I, if I would, cannotcleanse you from it. But I would not, if I could. I have neverloved any woman before: my life has been too busy, my thoughtstoo much absorbed with other things. Now I love, and will love.But do not be afraid of too much expression on my part.
- Elizabeth Gaskell, North and South