adjective. ['ˈswɔrn'] bound by or as if by an oath.
Words that Rhyme with Sworn
Example sentences of the word sworn
You will not need to fill out the sworn affidavit.
2. Verb, past participle
Both parties appear before a judge and typically are sworn in so that they can provide testimony under oath.
3. Verb, past tense
Acquire sworn statements from persons who knew the deceased but receive nothing from the estate.
Quotes containing the word sworn
1. The nuclear arms race is like two sworn enemies standing waist deep in gasoline, one with three matches, the other with five.
- Carl Sagan
2. I could’ve sworn I was telling the truth when I told you I didn’t miss you.
- pleasefindthis, I Wrote This For You
3. Me,"Artemis blurted. "I'm the nut."Artemis could have sworn the squid winked at him before bringing the five-ton chunk of spacecraft swinging down toward the morsel of meat in its blue shell."I'm the nut!"Artemis shouted again, a little hysterically, it must be said.
- Eoin Colfer, The Atlantis Complex
adjective. ['ˈswɔrn'] bound by or stated on oath.
- stand still