Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈsɔrd'] a cutting or thrusting weapon that has a long metal blade and a hilt with a hand guard.
- fencing sword
- weapon system
- cavalry sword
- sword (Middle English (1100-1500))
Rhymes with Sword
Sentences with sword
1. Noun, singular or mass
Paint the sword with craft paint and allow it to dry.
Quotes about sword
1. ... a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.
- George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones
2. So many tangles in life are ultimately hopeless that we have no appropriate sword other than laughter.
- Gordon W. Allport
3. War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
noun. a scar from a cut made by a sword.
adjective. shaped like a sword blade.