noun. ['ˈswɪtʃɪŋ'] the act of changing one thing or position for another.
Rhymes with Switching
Sentences with switching
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Hold this for no more than seven seconds before slowly returning to the starting point and switching sides.
Quotes about switching
1. One year, my good deed started with deciding to give all my friends makeup from a cruelty-free cosmetics line that I love. I did this with the hope that they would love it as much as I do and end up switching their makeup over to that cruelty-free line forever.
- Jenna Morasca
2. So Yoda sounds like our best bet as an energy source. But with world electricity consumption pushing 2 terawatts, it would take a hundred million Yodas to meet our demands. All things considered, switching to Yoda power probably isn't worth the trouble — though it would definitely be green.
- Randall Munroe, What If?: Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions
3. The ‘New House, New Luck’ Fallacy [10w] Switching external environment doesn't cure depression;change must occur internally.
- Beryl Dov