adverb. ['ˈswiːtli'] in an affectionate or loving manner (
sweet' is sometimes a poetic or informal variant ofsweetly').
- -ly (English)
- -lice (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- sweet (English)
Words that Rhyme with Sweetly
Example sentences of the word sweetly
There are different romantic ways to sweetly wish someone a happy birthday.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Stargazer lilies are brightly colored hybrid lilies that are characterized by their sweetly fragrant scents.
Quotes containing the word sweetly
1. Rogerson,"I asked him sweetly as we sat watching a video in the pool house, "where would I find the pelagic zone?""In the open sea,"he said. "Now shut up and eat your Junior Mints.
- Sarah Dessen, Dreamland
2. Were knowledge all, what were our needTo thrill and faint and sweetly bleed?
- Christopher Brennan
3. My God is love and sweetly suffers all.
- Sri Aurobindo, Savitri: A Legend and a Symbol