Table of Contents
adjective. ['səˈspɛndəd, səˈspɛndɪd'] (of undissolved particles in a fluid) supported or kept from sinking or falling by buoyancy and without apparent attachment.
Rhymes with Suspended
Sentences with suspended
Additionally, under-gravel filters are more difficult to clean and maintain than suspended filters.
2. Verb, past participle
The toothpicks rest on the top and the carrot top is suspended inside, with the bottom side down.
Quotes about suspended
1. Jeez, Hazel,"Percy said, "tell your horse to watch his language."Hazel tried not to laugh. "What did he say?""With the cussing removed? He said he can get us to the top."Frank looked incredulous. "I thought the horse couldn't fly!"This time Arion whinnied so angrily, even Hazel could guess he was cursing."Dude,"Percy told the horse, "I've gotten suspended for saying less than that...
- Rick Riordan, The Son of Neptune
2. Like time suspended, a wound unmended-- you and I. We had no ending, no said goodbye; For all my life, I'll wonder why.
- Lang Leav, Love & Misadventure
3. I like trains. I like their rhythm, and I like the freedom of being suspended between two places, all anxieties of purpose taken care of: for this moment I know where I am going.
- Anna Funder, Stasiland: Stories from Behind the Berlin Wall