adjective. ['sɝˈaʊndɪŋ'] closely encircling.
Words that Rhyme with Surrounding
Example sentences of the word surrounding
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Perform a soil test of the soil surrounding the tree.
Quotes containing the word surrounding
1. I think there are those individuals who are intimidated by really smart, talented people. But for me, surrounding yourself with great talent is the key to success.
- Monika Chiang
2. As the ice melted, we fell in love—slowly. I just wish the ice were in two glasses of vodka, and not surrounding our bodies.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
3. A house without books is like a room without windows. No man has a right to bring up his children without surrounding them with books, if he has the means to buy them. It is a wrong to his family. He cheats them! Children learn to read by being in the presence of books. The love of knowledge comes with reading and grows upon it.
- Horace Mann, Life and Works of Horace Mann Volume 3