noun. ['ˌsuːpɝˈpaʊɝ'] a state powerful enough to influence events throughout the world.
- body politic
- world power
- major power
- great power
- power (English)
- poer (Middle English (1100-1500))
- super- (English)
Words that Rhyme with Superpower
Example sentences of the word superpower
1. Noun, singular or mass
Good memory can feel like a superpower, especially when it seems like you need it most.
Quotes containing the word superpower
1. I don't know how you persist in being so stubborn-""It's a superpower. I was bitten by a radioactive mule.
- Shannon Hale, The Actor and the Housewife
2. I let out a laugh that sounded more like the yip of a startled poodle. "Superp-powers? I wish. My powers aren't winning me a slot on the Cartoon Network anytime soon... except as a comic relief. Ghost Whisperer Junior. Or Ghost Screamer, more like it. Tune in, every week, as Chloe Saunders runs screaming from yet another ghost looking for her help."Okay, superpower might be pushing it.
- Kelley Armstrong, The Summoning