noun. ['ˈsʌmɝˌtaɪm'] the warmest season of the year; in the northern hemisphere it extends from the summer solstice to the autumnal equinox.
- dog days
- summer solstice
- canicular days
- June 21
- time of year
- high season
- rainy season
- dry season
Words that Rhyme with Summertime
Example sentences of the word summertime
1. Noun, singular or mass
This helps to drop the temperature inside in the summertime.
2. Verb, base form
There's nothing like a fire pit when it come to summertime or even year-round gatherings.
Quotes containing the word summertime
1. Summertime is always the best of what might be.
- Charles Bowden
2. That it would always be summer and autumn, and you always courting me, and always thinking as much of me as you have done through the past summertime!
- Thomas Hardy, Tess of the D'Urbervilles
3. Summertime. It was a song. It was a season. I wondered if that season would ever live inside of me.
- Benjamin Alire Sáenz, Last Night I Sang to the Monster