adjective. ['ˈsʌtʃ'] of so extreme a degree or extent.
- such (Middle English (1100-1500))
Words that Rhyme with Such
Example sentences of the word such
Choose a wider part of the arm, such as just above the elbow, to wear it.
Quotes containing the word such
1. I've never forgotten him. Dare I say I miss him? I do. I miss him. I still see him in my dreams. They are nightmares mostly, but nightmares tinged with love. Such is the strangeness of the human heart. I still cannot understand how he could abandon me so unceremoniously, without any sort of goodbye, without looking back even once. The pain is like an axe that chops my heart.
- Yann Martel, Life of Pi
2. Life is made of so many moments that mean nothing. Then one day, a single moment comes along to define every second that comes after. Such moments are tests of courage, of strength.
- Sabaa Tahir, An Ember in the Ashes
3. Such short little lives our pets have to spend with us, and they spend most of it waiting for us to come home each day. It is amazing how much love and laughter they bring into our lives and even how much closer we become with each other because of them.
- John Grogan, Marley and Me: Life and Love With the World's Worst Dog