Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈsʌbˌweɪ'] an electric railway operating below the surface of the ground (usually in a city).
- railway line
- subway system
- railway system
Rhymes with Subway
How do you pronounce subway?
Pronounce subway as ˈsəbˌweɪ.
US - How to pronounce subway in American English
UK - How to pronounce subway in British English
Sentences with subway
1. Noun, singular or mass
Riders can also buy MetroCards that allow them to travel the subway for a day, week or month.
But the Apollo lives on, just a few blocks east of the 125th Street subway stop.
Maps are printed in every station and inside all subway cars.
Quotes about subway
1. Why is it,"he said, one time, at the subway entrance, "I feel I've known you so many years?""Because I like you,"she said, "and I don't want anything from you.
- Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451
2. I think that the best thing we can do for our children is to allow them to do things for themselves, allow them to be strong, allow them to experience life on their own terms, allow them to take the subway... let them be better people, let them believe more in themselves.
- C. JoyBell C.
3. It’s not that we have to quit this life one day, but it’s how many things we have to quit all at once: music, laughter,the physics of falling leaves, automobiles, holding hands,the scent of rain, the concept of subway trains... if only one could leave this life slowly!
- Roman Payne, Rooftop Soliloquy
noun. ['ˈsʌbˌweɪ'] an underground tunnel or passage enabling pedestrians to cross a road or railway.