adjective. ['ˈstʌŋ'] aroused to impatience or anger.
- pissed off
Words that Rhyme with Stung
Example sentences of the word stung
1. Noun, singular or mass
Don't try to brush them off with your other hand; you're likely to get stung again.
2. Verb, past participle
This aggressive stinger is called a cow killer because it hurts so bad when you are stung by it.
Both methods increase the likelihood of being stung and should be used with caution.
Quotes containing the word stung
1. Did you see me disarm Hermione, Harry?""Only once"said Hermione stung. "I got you loads more then you got me—""I did not only get you once, I got you at least three times—""Well if you're counting the one where you tripped over your own feet and knocked the wand out of my hand—
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
2. Say I feel all sad and self-indulgent, then get stung by a wasp, my misery feels quite abstract and I long just to be in spiritual pain once more - 'damn you tiny assassin, clad in yellow and black, how I crave my former innocence where melancholy was my only trial'.
- Russell Brand, Articles of Faith
3. When you go in search of honey, you must expect to be stung by bees.
- Joseph Joubert